Teeth whitening home remedies today are easily done through only a few truly show their effectiveness. We all want white teeth because it generally looks better and presents a better image for the person. However, the average cost to get your teeth whitened professionally can go up to Php 20,000. It’s expensive. That’s why today this article will go over the best teeth whitening home remedies currently known. All of these methods will be doable and their components are easily acquired.
Teeth Whitening Home Remedies
The most common ingredients for teeth whitening home remedies usually consist of simpler components. Things such as strawberries, coconut oil, baking soda, and apple cider. However, there are three notable methods you can try to whiten your teeth easily. Moreover, these methods will take a little longer before their effects are seen. So keep that in mind the next time you’re going try one of these home remedies.
Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
Let’s start off with the most well-known teeth whitening method today, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. The latter is known for its bleaching effects and the former has natural whitening properties. By mixing these two together, you can get your teeth to whiten over the course of a week.
- Mix one tablespoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide.
- The mixture will create a thick and pasty substance. Use this as a teeth-whitening toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth with the mixture and let it sit for one minute. Make sure to get every bit of your teeth. Rinse it off after a minute.
Another popular method of teeth whitening at home, oil pulling has been done for more than a hundred years. The basic premise of this method is to use the properties of certain oils to cleanse your teeth. Try the method written below:
- Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and place it in your mouth. It may take a while before it turns into its liquid form.
- Once it melts, swish it around your teeth. Be sure to expose all of your teeth with oil. Keep doing this for 20 minutes max.
- Spit it out once done. It’s recommended for this early morning after you wake up and before you brush your teeth.
Apple cider vinegar is a known disinfectant and it is capable of killing harmful bacteria in your mouth. However, since it is an acidic substance, it’s best to dilute the vinegar in water. Exposing your teeth to too many acidic substances may damage it. And the last thing you want is to repair it. Follow the method below.
- Mix one tablespoon of apple cider into a glass of warm water. Mix it properly.
- Use the mixture as a mouthwash. Keep rinsing for a few minutes before spitting it out.
- Wash your mouth with water afterward.
If you do want the benefits of a dental whitening, then click here. However, it’s also important to talk to your dentist when it comes to these kinds of topics. Dabbling in certain home-made remedies for your teeth might be dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing.