Dentistry in Manila offers a lot of services for those looking to either fix, improve, or replace a tooth. All these services can be placed in different categories. Different categories mean that each service has its own list of alternatives. Also, a single service may even offer different varieties of itself to a patient. So, this article will talk about dentistry in Manila and the services that it has to offer.
Dentistry in Manila: The Services
First of all, dentistry in Manila covers a ton of services. This means that, for the sake of keeping a succinct list, the article will only mention the more notable services. The article will list the services according to their function.
- Composite Restoration – with the use of a composite material, a dentist can fix a chipped tooth. The composite material is shaped and formed to take on the missing part of the damaged tooth. The service itself is relatively affordable when compared to other services.
- Dental Crowns – dental crowns take a severely damaged or irreparable tooth and cap it off with a crown. The crown itself offers a wide variety of material such as porcelain, ceramic, metal, zirconia, and more. It’s pricey but it is one of the best services for tooth restorations.
- Porcelain Veneers – one can safely say that porcelain veneers are quite like dental crowns. However, they only cover the front of a tooth. Regardless, porcelain veneers still improve a tooth’s color, shape, and position.
Misalignment can be a problem. So, products like orthodontic braces are present to correct this problem.
The most common teeth correction product are orthodontic braces. There are different types of braces, here are some of them:
- Traditional Metal Braces
- Ceramic/Invisible Braces
- Lingual Braces
- Damon Braces
Dentists can also fix surface-level problems such as a tooth’s color, shape, and alignment.
- Teeth Whitening – a single dental whitening appointment can whiten your teeth a few shades above the original color.
- Dental Veneers – though this service does focus on tooth restoration, it’s mainly picked for the array of cosmetic improvements that it offers.
Missing Teeth Replacements
Currently, there are three notable services that solve missing teeth. As more and more patients around the globe suffer from missing teeth, these services have become more crucial than ever.
- Dentures – dentures are the most common and well-known product for missing teeth. It’s the cheapest one but it does come with a few shortcomings and inconveniences.
- Dental Bridge – a dental bridge is a false tooth anchored by two abutment caps. These caps are placed on the two adjacent teeth of the missing tooth thus forming a bridge. The product itself is a great choice if you don’t want to experience the disadvantages of having a set of dentures.
- Dental Implants – a dental implant is a small root implant placed in the jaw bone under the missing tooth. It’s the best product that can solve a missing tooth because it’s permanent and lasts a lifetime. It is the most expensive, however, so make sure to consult your dentist first.
Make sure to visit your dentist for a consultation if any of the services above have piqued your interest. Doing this will grant you the benefit of insight and solid information to make your choice.